Our firm is currently seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Electrical Engineer / MEP Project Manager to join the team in our Fort Lauderdale office.
• The Project Engineer shall maintain a Professional Engineer license in the State of Florida
• Minimum of 10 years working in an MEP
• Experience using AutoCAD and Revit.
• Engineering design and drafting of the Electrical Systems for new construction, additions, renovations, system upgrades and remodels for a variety of project types including Commercial/offices; Restaurants; Retails; Hotels; Medical Facilities; Banking; High-end private Residences, Multi-Family homes and other.
• To perform electrical load calculations; electrical risers; short circuit calculations; voltage drop calculations, lighting power density, sizing and specifying electrical equipment, etc.
• Interior & exterior lighting layouts, fixture specifications and calculations; Photometrics
• Utility coordination
• Life Safety / Fire alarm system design layout
• Low voltage system layouts including data, communications, sound, lv lighting controls
• Energy code analysis
• Responsible for the complete performance of construction administration tasks for processing shop drawings, RFI’s, Value-engineering requests; Change orders as required by the project.
• Actively engaging with other disciplines within the MEP team for project coordination.
• Perform site surveys to obtain necessary information of the existing conditions; site inspections as needed to determine compliance with construction documents and resolve design issues during the construction phase.
• Willingness and desire to mentor junior/staff electrical engineer
• Perform all phases of MEP work including field investigation, design studies, construction documents, and construction administration.
• Managing day-to-day operational aspects of project scope and timeline.
• Following up with clients on inquiries/requests and consistently responding in a timely fashion.
• Ensuring effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants including project teams, colleagues, clients, architects, developers, and contractors to successfully execute projects.
• As the Professional Engineer you will be responsible for reviewing to meet project and code requirements. If required signing and sealing the final documents.